Most PWN members agree that committee work and getting involved is the best way to connect and build relationships. Our committees allow members to follow their passion, share their talents and network on a more personal level with like-minded women.
If you are interested in learning more about a specific committee or becoming a committee member, contact Ann Roushar or reach out directly to one of the contacts, directly (see more information below).
The Scholarship Committee exists to act as a steward for the PWN Foundation. Duties may include:
- Promoting the Scholarship to area higher education institutions and area non-traditional female students
- Raising funds for the Scholarship Foundation
- Reviewing applications submitted for the scholarship and recommending potential recipients to the Board for approval
The Membership/Special Events Committee exists to identify prospective new members to PWN and to interact with current members.The membership committee is vital to the growth of the organization. Duties may include:
- Welcoming attendees to functions
- Identifying and nurturing prospective new members
- Membership outreach
- Membership Drives
- Creating a yearly schedule PWNNetworking Nights Out
The Community Outreach Committee exists to connect the PWN membership and the surrounding community. This will help us continue our rich tradition of “women helping women.” Duties may include:
- Creating a yearly programming calendar of area activities PWN members can support, attend, etc.
- Collaborating with other PWN committees for events, fundraisers, membership engagement, etc.
- Plan and execute at least one collection/donation drive per year that benefits a local agency or non-profit.
Professional Women’s Network hosts the PWN Annual Colleague Event each spring to showcase our organization to the community as well as deliver excellent national speakers who speak on a wide array of topics. Past speakers include John K. Coyle and Joshua Becker, and Gale Mote.
To make this event run smoothly we are looking for committee members who are able to assist with the following:
- Procuring sponsors to help subsidize the speaker fee
- Assist in advertising the event and spreading the word to the community
- Various event planning duties
Contact Elaina Kempin for more information.