The Professional Women’s Network Scholarship Foundation was established to financially assist non-traditional women students. In addition to financial support, a scholarship from the PWN network provides the recipient with encouragement and emotional support from its members.
Scholarships may be used by the recipients in any manner. Past recipients have used the funds to purchase books, pay for childcare, provide transportation and pay tuition among other things.
Women returning to college or seeking a post-secondary degree must meet the following requirements:
• Must be a resident of Iowa
• Must be female
• The individual must be a student who will be attending classes, either full or part-time, during the academic year. Special consideration will be given to non-traditional students, defined as those at least 21 years old upon application for the scholarship who have or will return to school after an absence of at least 3 years.
• Must be working toward an associate or undergraduate degree or vocational certification
• Must be attending one of the following educational institutions:
◦ Coe College
◦ Cornell College
◦ Kaplan University
◦ Hawkeye Community College
◦ Kirkwood Community College
◦ Mercy/St. Luke’s School of Radiologic Tech
◦ St. Luke’s Medical Technology Program
◦ Mount Mercy University
◦ University of Iowa
◦ University of Northern Iowa
◦ University of Dubuque (Cedar Rapids location)
Applications for the 2017-2018 school year will be accepted until May 31, 2017.
Contact Tracy Schweiss for further information regarding the Professional Women’s Network Scholarship Foundation or how to make a tax-deductible donation.